To achieve this mission we will:
Represent the key issues affecting people in small business to decision-makers at all levels of government, and push for improved government efficiency and accountability
Advocate for policies that foster the growth and sustainability of Australian small businesses to benefit owners and team members
Create a supportive online space where small business people can congregate, communicate and collaborate to connect with and support each other
Celebrate the contribution made by people in small business to local communities and the broader economy
Act with respect at all times
THE SMALL BUSINESS AUSTRALIA CREED
- We believe business owners and their team members are the heart of the Aussie economy and the driving force behind thriving local communities.
- We believe competitive markets provide the best opportunity to create healthy, vibrant and sustainable local communities that form a vital component of the national economy and society.
- We believe in a culture of enterprise, where creativity, initiative and learning through action are celebrated, and where profit through enterprise in a competitive market is not a dirty word.
- We believe in the importance of a great life-long education system – one that develops growth mindsets and enterprise skills, and enables individuals to rapidly acquire the skills required to contribute effectively and productively as part of a team.
- We believe in a fair and just taxation system. We expect that our taxes be used responsibly, that they are well invested, provide a reasonable return on investment to society, and that those responsible for how taxes are used are accountable for poor performance.
- We believe that healthy businesses need healthy team members. We’re committed to helping governments and small business people develop strategies to tackle the underlying causes – not just the symptoms – of the prevalent physical and mental health issues affecting many Australians.
- We believe in strength in numbers. Together, we are 5 million people. When we speak respectfully with a loud and consistent voice, our views will be heard and acted upon in the corridors of power.
The broad policy areas at the heart of the Small Business Australia mission include: