We believe that education has a significant bearing on the success of small businesses – not just now, but also for the next generation of small business people.
We want budding small business owners to learn that small business success is possible with know-how, confidence and a can-do attitude – and that PROFIT is not a dirty word.
Young people can benefit from learning skills that will enable them to contribute as part of a team. And furthermore, in today’s ever-changing environment, we need to teach them how to embrace and thrive on change by being able to rapidly and effectively learn new skills.
We want practical languages, reading and writing, everyday mathematics, personal health and social skills taught. We also need to understand and eradicate the causes of bullying and other antisocial behaviour.
The small business sector needs:
- Educated, skilled and healthy people
- Efficient and effective government services including public transport, roads and other infrastructure services
- Manageable costs of doing business and employing people
- Taxation and legal system that supports small business
- Transparency of government departments, and rapid application processing & decision-making
- Efficient and effective private services
We need to speak with one loud and clear voice to ensure the needs of the small business sector are heard on these and other important issues. Small Business Australia conducts regular member research to uncover the key issues affecting you, so we can raise them with the powers that be.